Friday, June 20, 2008

Overview

I hope that you have enjoyed this intricate journey through the maze of my academic life for the past three years. My very first college English essay in English 1A describes my writing style in that period of my life; creative, but perhaps a little short on thorough analysis. My next essay shows growth for me as a writer; I began to more closely and critically look at plot and story line, and this was reflected in my writing. In English 1B I took this a step further in order to take a somewhat harsh look at Shakespeare's famous play, Romeo and Juliet. This was one of the first pieces of writing where I attempted to negatively criticize a piece of literature. In English 1C I analyzed some classic issues about the English language as carefully and thoroughly as I could. My last piece of writing describes my foray into the literature of the Harlem Renaissance, and I think you can see how this affected my thinking and my writing. This collection of works represents my personal growth as a writer during my time at Foothill College, and how these attempts at critical writing changed both my literary style and my own way of thinking.

No comments: